1&1 Versatel seeks to interconnect its IP network with other Internet backbone providers. Requests for peering with 1&1 Versatel backbone are handled on an individual-case basis. 1&1 Versatel practices a "selective" peering policy.
1&1 Versatel Peering common guidelines
- MUST announce routes consistently
- MUST have an active 24/7-NOC and an abuse address
- MUST NOT point default, reset next hop, or advertise third party routes
- MUST peer with both IPv4 and IPv6 (Dual Stack)
- MUST maintain up-to-date contact information at peeringdb.com